Here’s the thing I have against mug cakes. Some of them are too big for a standard coffee mug. Besides, even if they don’t spill over, it’s far easier to stir them in a standard cereal bowl.
Over the years, I’ve purchased a few ramekins and some large silicone muffin wraps to make my microwave cakes in. But for the most part, I just make them in a standard cereal bowl.
Today’s mug cake was created for the “Cake For Breakfast” challenge by Andréa’s Protein Cakery:
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (such as Jif Peanut Powder or PB2)
- 1 4oz fruit cup (any will do, just be mindful of macros if using one in syrup or sweetened juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Drain the liquid from the fruit cup into a small cereal bowl. Beat in egg.
- Add powdered peanut butter and baking powder. Mix well.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes, until no longer wet.
- Top with fruit chunks and enjoy!
For the record, this was actually my mid morning snack. I am not a morning person, and so my true breakfast is almost always cottage cheese, a banana and cereal. There’s nothing to think about, it’s easy to measure and it’s over and done with.
What about you? Do you eat the same breakfast every day? Do you take the time to make breakfast or do you go with something fast and easy? Discuss!